Regardless of the daunting metaphor you use to cope, searching for the right email address can take up a fair amount of time. My best advice in this situation is to leave it to the experts, and in this case, that’s Email Hunter.
Email Hunter is a free Google Chrome extension that collects, scores and organizes publicly available email addresses to supply you with the most accurate contact information, therefore saving you from the hay stack and the rabbit hole. Use these easy steps to get started:
- Visit emailhunter.co (not .com)
- On the right hand side click “Sign up for free”
- Enter in your email credentials and click “Sign me up”
- Email Hunter will send you an email to validate your account
- Click “Validate Account”
- On the new search page, click “Add to Chrome.” Doing this will add Email Hunter as a web browser extension in the shape of a bulls eye, allowing you to quickly click it while browsing websites.
As mentioned above, Email Hunter is a free app. However, if you exceed more than 150 searches per month, you have the option to update to a paid premium account. One feature I find to be the most helpful with Email Hunter is its LinkedIn optimization, which allows you to search for someone’s email via their LinkedIn page. Just visit the LinkedIn profile of the person you are trying to contact, and next to the “Connect” button, click the new “Email Hunter” button. The program should provide you with the most accurate email address.
When using the tool, keep in mind that it’s not always 100 percent accurate, but it’s the next best thing searching high and low. It may be spring time, but when you work in PR, (email) hunting season lasts year round, so download the extension and shoot for the bull’s eye.
Have any other “PR Hacks” you use to locate emails? Feel free to share in the comments below!