At Tech Image, we’re not just trying to fill jobs. We want to match people with a position that will fulfill their potential and help them grow, both personally and professionally.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to take the lead in your career and expand your skillset every day, we’d like to meet you.
Public Relations Manager
Tech Image is seeking a progressive and innovative PR professional that has extensive PR agency experience and is a media relations power-producer. Tech Image, a Smithbucklin company, is currently taking progressive steps reinventing itself as a forward-thinking public relations and social media agency. We are looking for motivated and energetic individuals that want to be part of building a successful agency where their DNA becomes an integral part of who Tech Image will become.
We currently have a strong and exciting bench of amazing customers and more will be boarding as part of our high growth trajectory. We are looking to fill a mid to senior level PR position (internal title: Sr. Public Relations Coordinator). Titles aside, this position is all about PR pros who have refined their skills in an agency environment where national and global accounts are the priority. We offer a world where no one is trapped inside the confines of old-school agency thinking, but where your contribution will be at the highest level as you engage with the entire PR team and each account in the strategic planning and day-to-day management of all programs.
This position is currently virtual, but our office is located in downtown Chicago. Tech Image offers competitive compensation and benefits, a progressive culture and an excellent work/life balance.
What You Will Do:
- Work with all PR team members in a team management methodology environment
- Drive all strategies, plans, deliverables and performance measurement with lateral colleagues and president
- Collaborate and work to ensure optimal day-to-day implementation of all client programs
- Participate in all media relations efforts, as well as participating in all pitch strategies and direct media relations efforts
- Work with client and colleagues to develop all PR content
- Support client tradeshows and events – virtually and in person when possible
- Work with colleagues to set and meet all media relations and coverage goals
- Adopt and support all agency methodologies, and SOPs, which are more progressive and engaging than traditional PR agency protocols
- Support and drive all earned coverage, new product launches, brand elevation and blended reactive vs proactive PR efforts to meet and exceed client expectations and KPIs
- Build and maintain strong media relationships to support the diverse industry target market/audience alignment of each client across B2B, B2C and B2G outlets
- Participate in all client communications and meetings, to ensure open communications, transparent work progress, plan fulfillment and performance tracking are shared
- Use Cision to build and augment all media relations profiling and opportunity research
- Use BusinessWire in progressive ways to lift posted results
- Leverage Sprout for listening to enhance PR strategies and efforts
- Be motivated to constantly push for performance excellence personally and with your colleagues
- Be aware of social media and digital marketing principles to integrate on blended accounts with your social media colleagues
- Work with president and colleagues to refine what and who Tech Image is as a brand
- Participate as needed in all new business development processes
- Engage effectively with all team members to provide helpful and thoughtful recommendations to improve their individual and team performance
- Foster an open and inclusive agency culture, where diversity, innovation, ideas and colleague support thrives
- Work with new hires to ensure you support their training process to properly adapt to all Tech Image processes and cultural styles
- Research and participate in new business development efforts, proposals, pitch meetings, website content contribution and vetting prospective clients
- Participate in the continuous improvement of building Tech Image as an award-winning, highly sought after and competitive agency across national and international markets
- 7-10+ years of experience in a PR agency with national and international accounts – industry agnostic as Tech Image evolves
- Some account leadership experience in managing client programs and assigned team
- A solid grasp of why and how PR provides a client with brand awareness, lead generation, new revenue fulfillment and competitive positioning
- Complete understanding of the differences between brand PR and thought leadership PR
- Strong grasp of progressive PR practices, power media relations methodologies, innovative pitch and content development, and progressive use of industry tools
- Demonstrated ability to plan, produce, implement and measure PR strategies and tactics
- Amazing and powerful writing and editing skills
- Ability to assume and delegate responsibilities from colleagues and president
- Ability to follow direction and give direction that results in proven account team performance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with constant deadlines and a high demand for staying agile and flexible with multitasking expectations
Tech Image Advantages:
Working at Tech Image you will be able to enjoy the best parts of a boutique agency without the burdens of day-to-day operational survival that can be stressful and impede your success. Being owned by SmithBucklin, there are countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. You will work collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, regardless of position or compensation, you will have an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership through our ESOP program. As owners, our employees control the destiny of the organization and are unified in the goal of building an enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Tech Image, a SmithBucklin Corporation company, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.